Join us in Los Feliz on Sunday, July 10th at 10:30 AM to knock on doors and have discussions with community members around Marshall High School about the need to invest in our public schools so they are climate resilient learning environments that nurture students and prepare our communities to take on the climate crisis.
The goal of our canvasses are to build measurable community support for the following demands we are making of the LA Unified School District Board of Education:
- Solar panels on 50% of LAUSD rooftop area by 2027.
- Free Metro passes for students and staff through 2025
- Community schools that center social services and green spaces
- An educator training program to implement a K-12 climate literacy curriculum
- 100% electric school buses by 2030
If you’ve never canvassed before: we will provide you with a training, pair you up with someone experienced/confident, and make sure you are comfortable going out. Don’t worry — we got you!
What to bring:
- a fully charged smartphone
- water, a hat (optional, but a good idea)
- a mask — N95, KN95, KF94 (recommended, but not required)
- a tote bag/backpack