Housing and healthy community for All! On Tuesday mornings, Valley Justice and NoHo Home Alliance host a drop-in resource program for our unhoused neighbors in Studio City. In the shade of the big tree the front of the church neighbors can get:
– a hot coffee/oatmeal breakfast
– fresh clothing and hygiene items from the People’s Closet
– a spot to charge devices and use wifi
– a chance to speak to a Housing Specialist for shelter and housing placement referrals
– a hot lunch and a bag lunch to take for later
There are other added benefits such as the chance to get a DMV CA ID voucher, help with birth certificates, a chance to set up a mailing address, and other problem solving conversations.
We need more volunteers! For those able to help us set up, we unlock at 7:30 to begin brewing coffee and oatmeal and set up tables and chairs. Those who can help us take down can be by whenever they are able.
Plenty of parking is available in the lot to the east accessible by the alley, as are gender neutral ADA compliant restrooms in the church.