Do you want to get involved with DSA but aren’t sure where to start? It turns out that running a socialist org takes a lot of behind-the-scenes work that even new organizers can take on pretty quickly – event planning, communications, maintaining the website; that kinda thing.
If that sounds cool to you, the Administrative Committee could be your home in the chapter! We’ll be hanging out on Jan. 28 for an open-house style social at a local food hall and community space.
AdCom exists to fulfill core administrative functions and assist elected leaders in making the chapter run smoothly. We server at the pleasure of Steering Committee and its appointed liaisons, and we organize ourselves into distinct working groups, including (but not limited to):
- Communications (Social media, graphic design, talking to the press)
- Events (plan socials, find meeting spaces, be the life of the party)
- Finance and Fundraising (support the DSA-LA Treasurer in maintaining a fiscally responsible chapter, reimburse people for their approved expenses)
- Operations (maintain the digital infrastructure of the chapter and a buncha other stuff)
- Growth and Development (recruit new members, offer trainings for new organizers, phonebanks)
Come meet current AdCom members and learn about how to get plugged in. Event location will be emailed to RSVP’s.