CalCare (AB1400) will be brought in front of key committees in the CA Assembly in January!
Help gather supporters for a Medicare for All style program in California. 2-hour shifts.
Like Medicare for All, CalCare is built on 7 core principles:
- Universal coverage to all Californians as a human right
- A single, public program that would pay for all necessary and appropriate care for California residents
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, reproductive care, long term care, and more
- Freedom to choose the doctors and hospital of your choice, with no narrow networks restricting what provider you can see
- Care that is free at the point of service, with no copays, deductibles, or prior authorizations
- A just transition for the workers who may be displaced or otherwise affected by the switch to CalCare; and
- Patient care based on patient need, with no financial incentives to delay or deny care, provided based on the professional judgment of your care provider, not corporate boardrooms