Join us in Torrance on Saturday, April 30th at 10:00 AM to knock on doors and have discussions with community members about the need to invest in our public schools and prepare our communities to take on the climate crisis and to talk about Fatima Iqbal-Zubair in connection with our need for a state assembly that is responsive to the needs and interests of the working class more generally.
Up to 10 DSA-LA members in good standing who complete a canvass shift will receive a $50 per diem to help cover costs during the canvass.
The goal of our canvasses are to get voter commitments and to build measurable community support for the following demands we are making of the LA Unified School District Board of Education:
- Solar panels on 50% of LAUSD rooftop area by 2027.
- Free Metro passes for students and staff through 2025
- Community schools that center social services and green spaces
- An educator training program to implement a K-12 climate literacy curriculum
- 100% electric school buses by 2030
If you’ve never canvassed before: we will provide you with a training, pair you up with someone experienced/confident, and make sure you are comfortable going out. Don’t worry — we got you!
What to bring:
- a fully charged smartphone
- water, a hat (optional, but a good idea)
- a mask — N95, KN95, KF94 strongly preferred!
- a tote bag/backpack (optional, useful!)